Tuesday 16 July 2013

Raspberry Vinaigrette



I don't usually scale down recipes. This one I had to. I made a quarter of the batch. Who needs 4 cups of dressing when it has no preservatives in it, and it's simple enough to make again 2-3 days down the road?

This was great. It didn't separate like most vinaigrettes do (further reading informs me that the honey is the trick). It's a wonderful pink colour and looks really great on your salads, and it's way too easy to warrant buying the expensive salad dressings at the grocery store.

Recipe from Cooking with Chandra

Makes 1 C.

Ingredients

1/2 C. Olive Oil
1/4 C. Vinegar (whatever type you like, I use white)
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Tsp. Parsley
2 Tbsp. Honey
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 C. Raspberries (I used frozen that I thawed)
1 1/2 Tsp. Lemon Juice

Directions

~Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mixed
~Run mixture through a sieve to strain out the raspberry seeds.
~Serve right away if desired, but best if left to sit in the fridge for a bit for the flavours to blend.

Enjoy

No comments: