Saturday 29 December 2012

Gift in a Jar - Fudgy Brownie



Here begins my slew of post-Christmas posts, for stuff that should have been posted pre-Christmas. But, pre-Christmas was really busy and I was sick for quite awhile, so you're getting them now...for next year.

This brownie tasted pretty good when I tried it out. The only complaint I had was that it made a very, very thin layer in the pan. So, I cut back the amount of chocolate pieces in it and double the mix amount so it will now fill up the 1 quart jar perfectly. The only thing is, because I actually only made a quarter of the amount listed below (I halved the original recipe and made it in a loaf pan to see what type of volume you would get), which means my baking time is going to be different from the listed baking time. So I've just copied over the original recipe's time and you'll have to just add a bit of time as you go if needed.

Recipe from Kicked-Up-Cookie-Recipes

Makes 24 Brownies

Ingredients

2 C. White Sugar
1 C. Cocoa Powder
1 1/3 C. Flour
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 C. Chocolate Chips

Directions

~Layer all the ingredients in the order listed in a 1 quart jar.
~Attach tag with these instructions:

What You'll Need
1 Jar Fudgy Brownie Mix
1 C. Butter, melted
4 Eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla

To Make
Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix contents of jar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Spread batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
Bake for 27-32 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from pan.
Cool before cutting into squares.

Enjoy



No comments: