Monday 31 December 2012

Gift In A Jar - Fruit Crumble



If I hadn't have been sick and feeling like I was dying while putting these things together I may just have used my own crumble topping recipe. But I decided to go with one that was listed for Gifts in a Jar, so this one actually is untested as the person I have given it to has yet to try it out. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with this sort of topping. Add some sugar, some oats, flour and cinnamon and you're good to go. I guess it's not a bad thing that I used this recipe, because when I make a crisp, I typically just throw ingredients in willy nilly without measuring and hope for the best.

Recipe is from Craftbits.

Ingredients

1 C. Flour
1 1/3 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Oats
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg

Directions

~Layer ingredients in a 1 quart jar in the order listed above
~Attach a tag that says:

What You'll Need
2/3 C. Butter, softened
8 apples, sliced

What To Do
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking dish
Place apple slices in dish
Pour contents of jar into a bowl and add butter and mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle overtop the fruit
Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy


No comments: