Thursday 29 November 2012

Snowballs (No-Bake)



Welcome to Part II of my Xmas baking. These are an absolute favourite of mine either fresh or straight out of the freezer. Either way they are probably my top Christmas treat. As proof of this statement I'm going to let you in on a little secret...I tripled this batch...and this is only one of the many recipes I plan to make for Xmas, and I don't have a lot of people to feed.

This recipe was my Grandma's recipe. It is one of the few recipes of hers that we actually have. Unfortunately, most of them she just kept in her head and never wrote down. I guess it's a good one to have: chocolate, butter and sugar, what more could we ask for? These are very similar to most no-bake cookies / hot rods in their ingredients list, but they taste nothing, I repeat, NOTHING like the typical no-bake cookie. These are amazing and they have a unique flavour all to themselves, that no other no-bake cookie can compare to in my eyes.

Makes 3 1/2 dozen chocolate drops

Ingredients

Bowl #1
3 C. Rolled Oats
1 C. Coconut (flaked)

Bowl #2
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Milk
2 C. Sugar
6 Tbsp. Cocoa
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla

~1 C. Medium or Fine Coconut (additional)

Directions

~Heat the contents of Bowl #2 and stir to combine.
~Add to Bowl #1 and mix.
~Cool for about half an hour and then roll into balls
~In a ziplock bag, toss the additional coconut with the balls (do this as soon as you roll each one, otherwise they will cool too much and the coconut will not stick).
~Allow to finish cooling on a tray before storing.
~Can be stored at room temperature or in the freezer (and can be served at room temperature or frozen).

Enjoy

No comments: