Thursday 22 May 2014

Apple Smokey Dry Rubbed BBQ Ribs

This was great, even though it surprised me with how little sugar it contained in comparison to most recipes like it. I did increase the sugar though from what the original recipe called for as I was sceptical about what they were asking for. And it turned out great, with a bit of a kick.

Dry rub recipe adapted from the Food Network.

Ingredients

Dry Rub ( I doubled this and had lots of leftovers (but I don't think a single batch would have been enough for how many ribs I had))
1 Tbsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp. Onion Salt
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tsp. Black Pepper

Ribs (I used pork back ribs x2 racks)

1/4 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp. Liquid Smoke

Directions

~Combine all rub ingredients and mix (I place everything into a small Ziplock baggie so it's easy to shake to mix, and easy storage too for the extras).
~Place rack of ribs on a sheet of tinfoil, remove membrane.
~Combine vinegar and liquid smoke and brush onto ribs
~Coat ribs generously with rub and pat into meat with hands
~Repeat on the other side
~Wrap up in the tinfoil and allow to sit in the fridge (for however long you have to wait)
~Place tinfoil wrapped meat on BBQ and cook until meat begins to pull away from the bone.

Enjoy!


No comments: